Welcome to the
Safe Kids Stark County
Safe Kids is your clearing house for educational information about your child’s safety!
Did you know that 4 out of 5 car seats are used incorrectly?
- Four Safe Kids organizations offer weekly fitting stations. Click here for information about how to schedule an appointment. If this information is not up-to-date, please contact us.
Follow Us On Facebook
Safe Kids Stark County is a non-profit organization comprised of local health departments, police and fire departments, hospitals, children's services, YMCA, businesses, and parent volunteers. Safe Kids Stark County is a member of the Safe Kids Worldwide in Washington , DC . It is the only grass-roots ‘long-term' effort dedicated to preventing childhood unintentional injury. The Stark County Health Department is the lead agency in this county. We hold bi-monthly meetings. Click here for this year’s meeting schedule. For more information on how to become a member of Safe Kids contact us by phone or email.
Since our inception in 1992 we have served to:
- act as a clearinghouse on local childhood injury programs and materials;
- combine community efforts so as to not duplicate services;
- act as a referral system for local agencies;
- apply comprehensive community-based strategies to increase car seat and bike helmet usage, and increase the number of households that have working smoke alarms.
Please address your comments or questions regarding Safe Kids Stark County to Safe Kids Stark County Coordinator, at (330) 493-9904 or by E-mail